Saturday, July 22, 2006

I go away for a week and world peace breaks out!

Well, one could only hope, but I suppose it’s too much to ask for.

I did spend a really nice week in Washington D.C.. Got to see some friends that I don't see often enough, do some sight-seeing and eat lots of Asian food. Now the latter might not seem like a big deal, but there aren't any good Asian restaurants near my house and my wife won't touch the stuff with a ten foot pole anyway. She has other redeeming qualities, so I'm willing to overlook this significant flaw, but we don't get to pop out for Thai on Friday evening like most normal folk. Got to see Peace Corp Marie and D&M (or M&D depending on who's wearing the pants this week) and of course, Bruno the dog, who was feeling a little out of sorts, having lost his manhood in that most unfortunate veterinary incident on Wednesday. I also took hike down around the Mall to see some of the sites. It was a good time.

Oh yeah, the conference was good too.

Meanwhile, back in suburbia.... the lawn turned brown from consecutive 90-degree days and a lack of rain; absolutely nothing else happened.

I was glad to get home though. I missed the wife and the dogs. It was great to get away for a few days, but it’s always good to get back too.

Now let's see what else there is that needs to be commented on........

1 Comments:

Blogger ClumberKim said...

You can come visit us any time you need a Thai fix. We'll find something for The Wife to eat....

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home