Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Death of the Daily DeLay

I'd like to think that I'm impartial enough to be circumspect about the departure of Tom DeLay from the US House of Representative. I would like to think that, but I'm not. Not at all sorry to see that pompous asshole go. Nope, not one bit.

DeLay's problem wasn't that he was conservative. I know a couple of them, and by and large they're not altogether bad folks. My distaste for DeLay comes from his scorched earth - the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat - perspective on things. He is really just a vicious bastard. We're not ALL Americans, we're conservatives and you're liberals, and you don't count. That always seemed unnecessarily mean spirited to me.

It seems telling that after all of that he's not even going home. He's moving to Northern Virginia, where no doubt he'll have a long career as an elder statesman of the right-wing, forever the victim of the leftist conspiracy to destroy him, and I'm sure, making some serious cash for his trouble. Likely it'll be a charmed life.

I'd rather see him in jail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home