Sunday, February 12, 2006

Fun at the Art Show

Visited the Palm Beach Art and Antiques show yesterday. The show attracts some of the the most discerning art connoisseurs and dealers in the world. Like this couple for example, who were admiring a large Basquiat:

"Murray, would you look at dis? What is dis?"
"What? I was looking dis way."
"I jus don understand modern aht. I mean, what is dat, intestines?"
"It looks like he painted da top of da guys head, and his nose, but forgot to finish it. I don't get it?"
"Dats da stupidest painting I ever saw."
"At least he's not a pervert like Picasso."
"C'mon, lets go find some coffee."

Then there was this exchange between an elderly patron, his son and security guard who were viewing a medieval suit of armor.

"Wow, look at that."
"What do you do if you have to go to the john in that thing?"
"What?!"
"What do you do if you have to go to the john in that thing?!"
"I missed the last thing you said?"
"TO THE JOHN, I said IF YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE JOHN!!!"
Enter Security guard, "Oh, its down the hall to the left."

Remember folk. Not only is the art beautiful, but this South Florida gem brings out all of the most entertaining people.

Highly recommended!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home