Sunday, May 07, 2006

Tougher Than It Looks

Anyone who actually read the recent post 'Four Score and Seven Years Ago' knows that I'm trying to write a better speech than the one Bush gave to Congress following Sept 11th.

I've been re-reading Bush's remarks and despite missing some of the things I would have liked to have heard, it was a pretty darned good speech. The errors were of character and ommision, but certainly not of poor writing.

The other thing that is interesting about the excercise is that I've remembered how pissed off I was about the attacks. I suppose everyone was, but writing about it almost five years later some of those feelings have resurfaced.

We'll see how it turns out. If anyone is curious, here is a link to the text of Bush's original speech on September 20th, 2001. http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/20/gen.bush.transcript/

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home